Until I find a more appropriate way to catalogue stories, there are a few selections available under Genre.
Fic Length: The actual length of each story is on the story page itself, but it’s not sortable there. Stories have been classified by length as follows:
- Under 2,500 words: Drabble/Microfic/Short
- 2,500 – 7,500 words: Short Story
- 7500-20,000 words: Story
- 20,000-50,000 words: Novella
- over 50,000 words: Novel
- 100,000 upwards – Epic
Fic Era (Timeline/Setting)
- S1 – S3: Early
- S4-S5: Mid
- Fight the Future
- S6-S7: Post-movie
- S8-S9: The Next Generation
- Post ‘The Truth’ – On the run, early unremarkable house.
- I Want to Believe, including pre- and post-
- Pre-Revival – the (allegedly) difficult years after IWTB
- S10-S11: Revival
- Post-Revival – post Season 11.
- Various seasons
- No era given. Often there’s not enough plot to matter, but sometimes there just aren’t any spoilers to worry about. You can often get clues from the other genres and tags.
Other selections available under Genre
- Vignette – short mood fic, typically under 5,000 words
- Combined Series – A series of stories combined into one file, or part of a series.
- Standalone – standalone story
- Part of a Series – One part of a series when the series is posted here in multiple files.
- MSR: Mulder/Scully Romance – Mulder-Scully romance. Could be either UST or RST, but the LUST is there.
- MSP: Mulder-Scully partnership (or less). They’re generally partners at some stage in the fic. Sometimes there’s fondness and sometimes there’s friction. On rare occasions they outright despise each other. ie The general status quo. NoRoMo safe. I haven’t even bothered adding anything for other character relationships yet, my personal library tends to only contain MSR.
- Anthology – this is a category I’d like to introduce once I work out the logistics. It will be a number of unconnected stories by the same author or a number of related stories (by trope, location, episode etc) by different authors combined into one file in a Reader’s Digest kind of fashion.